BCS Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Preventative Maintenance for Accessibility-related building and equipment
- Handicap doors (SH Entrance) maintenance schedule: doors checked monthly for functionality by custodial staff. Maintenance calls made as needed.
- Elevator maintenance scheduled bi-yearly with each elevator company
- Sloped walkways salted prior to expected snow or freezing rain
- Class scheduling accommodates wheelchair access for all students (limits use of portables)
- Yearly evaluation of parking lot paint
Emergency Maintenance for Accessibility-related building and equipment
- Sloped walkways cleared immediately by custodial staff during snowfall and freezing rain.
- Office and maintenance contacted immediately in the event of elevator malfunction -- release key kept with custodial staff.
- Alternative, main-floor learning spaces available (main library) for classes when elevators are not working.
- Full-time library staff (Linda Myers) available to assist wheel-chair or mobility-restricted persons with entrance and exit from library.